Friday, December 16, 2011

Favorite Lines Friday

As I mentioned in my post on The Prague Cemetery, the shady main character, Simone Simonini is in the midst of some pretty wicked situations. Here is what he thinks of a couple of them:

On murder:

I realized that the most irritating aspect of a murder is hiding the body, and it must be for this reason that priests tell us not to kill, except of course in battle, where the bodies are left for the vultures.

And on conspiracies:

This led me to think, even then, that if I wanted to sell the story of a conspiracy, I didn't have to offer the buyer anything original, but simply something he already knew or could have found out more easily in other ways.  People believe only what they already know, and this is the beauty of the Universal Form of Conspiracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment