Monday, January 14, 2013

Best-Laid Plans for January

Yes, I’m fully aware that January is half over. That doesn’t mean a girl can’t have dreams!


My hope for the month of January is to re-read the following books:

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl, the book I’ve read the most of all the books in the world;

The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien, because I didn’t get it around to reading it before the new movie came out;

A Year at the Movies by Kevin Murphy, for inspiration in my own year-long project;

The Power of Myth by Joseph Campbell with Bill Moyers, because it has been too long since I read/studied it and I’m overdue for a reconsideration;

The Moonstoone by Wilkie Collins, because I want to see if it’s a good as I remember.


I’m fully aware that “The best-laid schemes o’ mice an’ men/Gang aft agley,” but I’ve already finished re-reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and I’m halfway through both The Hobbit and A Year at the Movies, so color me optimistic!


Coming soon: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl


A Year of Books I’ve Read Before

No comments:

Post a Comment